Saturday, May 23, 2009

Scenes from Hanoi

Lunch: Grilled beef with rice noodles. Yum. The lady kept showing me how to eat it (dip the noodles in the special beef sauce). ($1.25)

Lots of women walk around with yokes on their shoulders carrying items for sale.
Me on the bridge overlooking the lake in the middle of Hanoi.

Fruit cup (highly recommended by a friend who's been to Hanoi - and definitely delicious)
---
Hanoi is a very pleasant place - charming and not overwhelming like Saigon. My only gripe so far is that the streets change names every block or so, which makes navigating difficult.
---
Going to Halong Bay tomorrow for the next three days - may not have internet so it might be a while before I update again.



2 comments:

  1. Look like you have a lots fun. I really enjoy reading your blog.

    Fay Chen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you do, MAKE SURE YOU DIP THE NOODLES IN THE SAUCE.

    I wish that was the biggest pressure in my life right now.

    Enjoy yourself, man.

    ReplyDelete