Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm a Diver Now!


Today I was certified as an Advanced Open Water Diver.  I really like scuba diving.  I've always had a thing for water - ever since I almost drowned in 1st grade and my parents put me in swim class and then on the swim team, I've felt very comfortable in the water.  Being underwater - isolated from noise and consciously controlling every breath - is a good way to clear your head. I've met tons of folks here who are on diving vacations - here in Koh Tao for several weeks and then off to Indonesia or elsewhere, just to dive.  I can see the appeal - I've logged 10 dives in the last 5 days!  

Anyway, enjoy these pictures from today's dive for now.  Have a long travel day to Malaysia starting tomorrow afternoon but will try to post a more comprehensive update before then.






No comments:

Post a Comment