Monday, June 15, 2009

KL Pictures; Off to the Rainforest

I'm off to Taman Negara National Park tomorrow morning for 4 days in the rainforest. Not sure if I'll have internet or not (one would think no, being in the rainforest and all, but I've been surprised by how ubiquitous the internet seems to be so I won't say no for certain).

I have lots of thoughts about Kuala Lumpur (or KL, in the same way that LA is just LA). It's a very dynamic, modern city and feels very different than anywhere else I've been on the trip so far. I will save these reflections for a later post, though, and just leave you with some pictures for now.

At the very bottom of the picture is me, at the base of the Petronas Towers (formerly the world's tallest buildings)
They have a huge mall inside that has a Toys-R-Us with a model of the Petronas Towers made of Legos

In KL the backpacker hub is in Chinatown so I have had some very delicious Chinese food. Above is roast pork and chicken with chicken rice. The chicken rice is basically rice cooked in chicken stock, which is amazingly yummy.


1 comment:

  1. I'm going through an update withdrawal. How dare you visit the rainforest and not update your blog for several days! Hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete