Friday, May 15, 2009

Food

The best food in Asia is always the street food. I just had the best meal I've had so far in Vietnam - a hearty noodle soup I found on the street. At this particular spot, the seating consisted of a small stool placed on the pavement. No frills. Just yummy noodle soup. This one had chicken, macaroni-like, noodles, and a delicious broth with chili. Also some chunks of blood. A Vietnamese gentleman chatted with me a bit and I asked him what the red-brown squares were and he said "blued" - I did not understand so I asked again and finally he spelled it out "b-l-o-o-d." But the blood was tasty. It didn't really have any taste, just a nice soft texture. And the price was right: $0.90

At a very trendy little coffeehouse right now. More on Saigon later. It really is quite a lovely city.

1 comment:

  1. You're like Anthony Bourdain!! :) Glad you're having such an incredible time.

    ReplyDelete