Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Halong Bay Recap







I visited Halong Bay the past three days and it was great. Ha Long Bay is this amazing collection of thousands of stone cliffs that dramatically jut out of the ocean. I got to kayak and trek through the jungly terrain on Cat Ba Island but the best part was floating on my back in the ocean watching the sun set over the cliffs. Totally relaxing.



I'll let the pictures do most of the talking on this one:





I was the first in our group to hike to the top of this rickety rusty outpost on top of the mountain (a bunch of other guys climbed halfway up and then freaked out and came back down). It was a great view but I didn't stay long because I was afraid for my safety so no pictures from the top. Sorry.


The hike up was a bit muddy...

---

Tomorrow night I'm off to Sapa, a mountain town in the far northwest of the country. Again, internet access will be spotty so may not post for a few days.

1 comment: