Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hanoi

Made it in safely. Took the night train that got me in around 4:30 AM. Even at that early hour in the darkness, the swarming moto-taxi drivers are bright and chipper as always so this groggy slightly hungover boy (had lots of beer with the Englishman in my compartment - helped me sleep) was greeted off the train with "moto! moto!" "you need taxi?" etc. Ah, the joys of travel.

I came to the guesthouse at 5:30 in the morning and was glad to see it was open so I could get in and take a shower and put my things down. It was barely open though - the dude was sleeping on the floor and I woke him up. When I tried to pay he just yelled "later! later" and went back to sleep.

Took a shower, had pho for breakfast and going to catch some zzzzs now.

More later.

1 comment:

  1. You are so fortunate that you are able to travel around Asia at your age. I am your father's brother in Christ.

    Asia likes everywhere in the world. Each country holds its own culture and treasures. It is wonderful when one is able to enjoy, appreciate and respect the others.

    Have a nice trip and return home safely.

    wenn

    ReplyDelete